Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
did 20kms of unsealed road recently, was fine and quite stable, but there was no extended sections of deep sand or significant loose gravel (that is not to say it wouldn't handle it, just rather I never was exposed to it). The problem I have found off road is the bottom of the exhaust hitting the ground due to low clearance, that would probably be a significant factor. So dirt roads probably depend on their quality.

It was a pain to clean when I got back though as I ended up in muddy clay like version of the same road further on and it got into every nook and cranny.

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Fuel tank

·
Registered
17 Posts
The main factor is probably getting used to being on unsealed roads if you haven't been on them, maybe more so than the bike itself. Someone had blog about how his parents used to do an original version of trial riding on WW2 Harleys in places that were like remote mountain walking tracks after the war in some of the areas in the US, so a lot of it is also our ideas about things, what can and can't be done. Mind you if something broke on the things my guess is they would have often been able to fix it themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts