Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm considering going on a bit of an adventure with my vulcan 650s. I live in the south of France so there are plenty of nice options around. Last summer I took her over to Corsica. I'm a relatively new rider and riding around Corsica confirmed for me all the reasons I wanted to get into riding. It was amazing. Anyway - when I let my imagination run a little wild I think of places like North Africa and such... maybe Morocco... but maybe the 650s is not the bike for that kind of stuff? So I guess my question is, how adventurous would you get with the 650s before you should rather be considering a proper adventure machine? When I say "Morocco" though, I'm not talking about riding dirt tracks or across the desert or stuff like that - more accessible routes even then, I imagine one should expect a fair amount of "adventure".

Thoughts?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys - that's all really helpful. Maybe long term I might invest in an adventure machine but I like my 650S so much. I'm a relatively new rider so I'll build up to it gently enough.

I'm thinking that in the short term, the best might be to stick to the tarmac of southern Europe or go on one of these organised trips where the machines are provided... like here for example :Voyage à moto au Maroc

There are a lot of clubs here in the south of France but I've had bad experiences riding with them - they all, with few exceptions, seem to be obsessed with overtaking absolutely everything they come across on the road and riding at maxium speed - whereas I am pretty chill and happy taking it all in. Ideally I think I'd like to find a like minded rider or two to go on trips with but not quite sure how to go about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts