Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I'd like to thank everyone for all the help I been getting and fixing some issues I been having. My right calf is getting really hot does anyone else's leg get hot while riding ? Is there anything I can do as it's uncomfortable to ride. I recently got back my ecu from ivan and it made the bike run a lot cooler but my leg is burning up.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep I have the same one on my bike from ebay that auwing1978 has ( I got the black one) It does make a difference for your inner thigh, not really sure if it does anything for your calf. You just have to keep the front fairing vents open all the way and keep moving forward

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my thigh really doesn't get hot just my right leg calf. I have the front fairing open but doesn't really help. Im thinking it's the pipe up front right off the motor. Im thinking the only thing I can do is wrap the pipe with heat wrap.

·
Registered
154 Posts
On one of the FB Voyager pages, one fellow advocated keeping the air vents closed on hot days. I tried it on a hot MT/WY road trip 2 years ago and decided he was right. And highway pegs help to get your legs away from the bike.. And I am a convert to Duluth Trading Co. Firehose pants. Trust me....they give you lots more room 'down there' to spread out. https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-cargo-work-pants-45507.html?cgid=mens-pants&dwvar_45507_color=FTG#start=1&cgid=mens-pants

·
Registered
116 Posts
vents closed

I tend not to ride in slow traffic, so vents closed all-the-time.
Coldest long distance ride was 7C/45F for about 4 hrs.
And every piece of clothing on and zipped.
Hottest was 36C/95F across central Washington, everything open.
A black leather jacket unzipped at 75mph is ok at that temp.

·
Registered
179 Posts
On one of the FB Voyager pages, one fellow advocated keeping the air vents closed on hot days. I tried it on a hot MT/WY road trip 2 years ago and decided he was right. And highway pegs help to get your legs away from the bike.. And I am a convert to Duluth Trading Co. Firehose pants. Trust me....they give you lots more room 'down there' to spread out. https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-cargo-work-pants-45507.html?cgid=mens-pants&dwvar_45507_color=FTG#start=1&cgid=mens-pants
I've found that the vents closed actually keeps the heat away from me more than opening them does. I'll have to try out the Duluth pants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts