Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the Hornet Deer Alert system on their V2K. Where did you mount it? and do you think it works?

Nate

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Aero, when you walk down the road, can you hear cars coming up behind you? So can a deer. Deer aren't hard of hearing, they're stupid!

The thing these "safety" devices are best at is separating you from your hard-earned cash. Little else. Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ditto...I think its snake oil. Others may disagree but how can you dispute it.
Once deer plant themselves they just stay put. :eek:
You hopefully have enough time to react.
In our northern parts here.
Its not them planting themselves but rather them dashing in front of you
while they cross the road. I can't see how those horns would help out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When they run out in the road in front of you there's nothing you can do. Loud pipes sometimes run them off and I've had them run towards me as well. It's a crap shoot with deer. I own a Vulcan now because in October Donner and Blitzen tried to kill me. I took out Donner and Blitzen got away..........:eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keep your head on a swivel, loose grips, looser hips, and know your bike's limits. The state troopers, here in Kansas, did a test of the little "deer horns" sold at any retailer, and it proved to be just as effective as sticking your head out the side of your windshield and yelling "BOOGIEBOOGIEBOOGIE!!!" ... just sayin

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Like the man said, "You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd." That also loosely translates to don't mess with deer while you are on a motorcycle. You will lose every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts