Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Most of what you have to make sure of is the power draw isn't more than about 8 to 9 amps. If that's the case then you need to wire it/them into a power source that can handle the amps and run it through a relay switch using the original horn wires. I did that with my Stubel horn.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Rollingbones is right. The amps are what is important and can ultimately burn out your horn switch. The first one on your list seems to be a disc horn similar to the one that is already on the bike. I would think that one would be no problem for your existing wiring. The other 2 look strikingly similar to the Blazer Highway Blasters that I have. The Blazers pull about 5 amps. Just one may be okay on your system. But if you do like me and mount 2 then I recommend the relay setup. See the Gadgets Fixit Page for wiring instructions. The only way to be certain is to check the amp load on the actual horn you intend to use.

By the way, Auto Zone has the Blazers in stock for just a few dollars more than the price on Amazon. By time you pay shipping you may be better off at the local store where returns are easy. Just trying to help.

I went with one high tone & one low tone for that full on old lady driving a Lincoln Continental sound. I want everyone to think I'm a CAR!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My neighbor was just outside swapping out his horn in his car so I was able to acquire his old one. It is 125 Db and 3.5a. I will see if I can swap the connector out on it with my stock horn and see how it sounds. Otherwise, I will just go buy one at Autozone. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do yoursself a favor and buy a LOUD air horn and spend the extra few dollars on the "plug and play" wiring kit. It will save you several trips to the parts store. I installed a Stebel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts