Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I finally got around to installing the Stebel TM80 horns.
Anyways I wired them up just as seen here:

The problem is the last two days after I start riding the horns turn on there own without me touching the horn button.

The first time this happened I was going into 2nd gear coming home from work. I was accelerating pretty hard then the horns went off and stayed blasting so I reached under the tank and pulled the power wire to turn them off.

The second time this happened was this morning under light acceleration. Same thing only as soon as I herd them go off I let go of the throttle for a split second then they went off. Then I got on the throttle again and then they stayed blasting.

Do you guys think that the relay has something loose inside of it that is making contact under forward momentum?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Todd

·
Registered
782 Posts
It could be a bad relay or maybe a horn switch. I would try replacing the relay to see if that solves the issue. The relay is easier to replace and costs less that the horn switch. Also, I'm not sure where you stuck the relay or the horn, but you want to make sure that the wires have no possible way of closing the circuit or hitting some other piece of metal that closes the circuit. Lastly, if this all fails, I would then look into a new horn switch on the handlebars. Something is obviously closing the circuit. It is just a matter of running down the short.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All fixed! New relay and better insulated spade connectors and it's all good to go:)
Thanks for the help...

BTW these horns are L O U D!!!!

Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts