·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, you know it'll be reliable and over-engineered.

I've tried twice this summer to test ride Honda's Valkyrie but both times meant waiting several hours for my turn on the demo ride ... said forget it. Will have to wait 'til next spring though I doubt anything will take me away from my Moto Guzzi California - more so to just see what a silky flat 6 feels like.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Honda, year after year after year, tops the list of most reliable motorcycles.

They've been in the aviation sector for a while.

Pretty incredible the way these Japanese companies have such broad product lines. I've got two Kawasaki engines in the garage, and one is on a zero-turn mower (750cc carbed v-twin). Companies like Mitsubishi make cars, airplanes, engines, televisions, refrigerators, etc. etc. etc... The "big three" auto makers used to have a broader line, tractors and defense equipment and commercial engine applications (engines for generators, etc.) but not so much anymore.

I just wish Honda had a more interesting line. I'm not a fan of the riding position of the GL1800 based line and they don't really make a competitive touring V-Twin.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Honda, year after year after year, tops the list of most reliable motorcycles.

I just wish Honda had a more interesting line. I'm not a fan of the riding position of the GL1800 based line and they don't really make a competitive touring V-Twin.
Honda is world class leader because they don't rest on their laurels but continually push the envelope and improve their products regardless of how well they perform.. theyr 1970s product was better engineered and performed than even todays products by another mfg.

yes, theyr line up often is not as Snappy as those that push style first, function second, performance last, if it all. Butt more that if yor locked into just one type of bike (tour) or style (cruise) you have limited choices.. Honda is not out to give multitude of choices of the same exact machine in a plethora of versions and trim, aka har.. and call it a line up.

Honda actually has quite an impressive line up of products from the most refined tour GL1800 all the way to little 50cc starter bikes.. and you can bet that lil pup is no slouch or cheap throw together..

The new F6B is perty snazzy.. they got a boat load of large, mid, welter and lite weight machines in most every category.. V4s are more their thing than twins.. that new Afrikan Ptwin is chocked full of engineering goodies and you can bet it is Race Tested to take abuse and go the distance..

butt the whole point of this thread is not about or limited to just mc's.. Honda sets the bar for engineering excellence across the spectrum, from lawn mowers to jet planes.. that other moco only makes sells image with no real substance behind it for Kon'd sumers. huge spectrum of difference. poncho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts