1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I think the tester my be underestimating the benefit of pale oil. That I've read, pale oil is so refined/cleaned that it acts as a cleaning agent unto itself, in addition to the lubricative properties.

What would have been great would be to have sent the clean home-brew and the SeaFoam samples away for oil analysis.

Still, if your bike doesn't need the carb cleaned out, but instead you just want the upper cylinder lubrication, the use of a little diesel in the fuel will do it. The guys with the newest bikes that have catalytic converters might want to avoid diesel, but for those of us who don't, it's cool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why would anyone want to make seafoam when it's so cheap? I wouldn't put this homade stuff in any of my engines. Also this would probably void all warranty you have.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is people in areas that can't get SeaFoam. I want to say the person who posted this on the BMW forum was from Japan or China. The guy who made the 'recipe' is from Texas.

·
Registered
90 Posts
considering our bikes are fuel-injected, why are you guys even bothering with seafoam? that stuff is only beneficial on a bike with carbs that sets awhile with gas in the carb bowls. it doesnt benefit a bike with FI at all. sorry, but true.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts