Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I just get a pice of pipe bend it and use it on my 9?
Where i live there is no restrictions for loud pipes or emisions.
Do you have any idea how it might sound if i use a 2'' or 2 1/2" pipe.
The reason i want to do this is I dont like the look on the way to thick pipes on my se and at the moment i have other expenses on my budget, it is way cheaper to get a piece of pipe and weld it and bend it.
Your comments will be veryappreciated.
Besides money,i want to make my own mods, somethingmore than bolt on, you know!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
If you have an exhaust shop anywhere near you, they should be able to bend up anything you want. May need to use the flanges from your stock pipes. On my 800, the pipes are only about 1 1/4" on the inside, but about 1 3/4 on the outside. I removed the baffles and all but the 1st inch or so of the inteior pipes so I didnt loose to much back pressure, this can lead to burnt vales as well as loss of performance on the low end of the rev range. Some muffler shops may even have scrap bends you can get for next to nothing to help with the fabbing of you pipes. Good luck, and pictures would be great as you go.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'd say give it a try finding another set of stock pipes for $50 is pretty easy I see them on forums, CL, and ebay all the time so if you have something you dislike its easy to go back to stockers. My pal is looking into doing a custom set up himself but using the stockers with some aftermarket slip ons (not meant for the 9). We'll keep everyone posted on what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts