Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen on several HD forums that people have used Corvette shocks as DIY air ride systems. Has anyone ever attempted something similar on a swing-arm bike like ours?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not sure this will work for the V2K. The 'Vette shock maxes out at 14"+, with full compression at 8.5" (give or take). I can't seem to find specs for ours. Anyone know the min/max length of the shock?

Also, compression and rebound damping might be off. Would possibly be worth trying if cheap enough.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly. It seems (at least in my head) that it would work just fine. I've seen Yaffe use one on a big ass dresser, but I'm chickenshit to start experimenting. lol. Was hoping some adventurous soul had already tried it. Basically, I'm hoping to come up with a system to park my big girl straight on her frame instead of kickstand. Having said that, I don't want to give up ride quality. I've already lowered her 1 3/4" thanks to Ponch (Thanks Ponch!!!) and get complimented on the stance often...I just have a weird fascination with dropping it on its frame to park, and don't have $1500 to buy a commercially available air ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts