Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you have fabricated your own lowers. I would like to have the dimentions and materials list to make my own. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hand made lowers

I know a few of you have fabricated your own lowers. I would like to have the dimentions and materials list to make my own. Any help would be appreciated.
If you thumb back through the archives here you will find quite a few post describing them by some members. That's what I did, had lots of good instruction and tips. I bought some Lexan to match my windscreen and had some shiny aluminum laying around that I could cut out to make the bracket. Ordered clamps to go around forks to attach to. Have about $20 in materials. Will post some pictures hopefully soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A slight alternative to the above post. I bought the factory lowers from accessories4bikes and ended up did not like the size and shape of the polycarb piece. Played around a little with some cardboard and found a size and shape I liked. Bought a small piece of 1/4" lexan and made my own to fit the factory mount. The factory mount is really very nice and hangs off the windshield instead of forks. Do not try plexiglass as it will crack, do not ask me how I know. Lexan can be cut and sanded with fine teeth saw and cleaned up with regular sandpaper on edges. This is not the cheap method to lowers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts