Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I looked at getting a Kuryakyn Corsair filter, but at £300 here in the UK I couldn't justify the price. Managed to pick one up off ebay for £80, only problem was it was off a Harley softail. Made up a nylon manifold, an Aluminium adaptor plate and two support struts, total cost £10.00 Pleased with the result, I have a spare plate so I can fit pretty much any filter now.
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/martyncross88/DSCF0049.jpg

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
breathing made EZ... 1st breath in.. then breath out.

Has anyone done something neat with making their own
KKK'r, been making my own air kits for 10yrs, 10bikes. see thread VN2000 Barons Big Air Kit, post #6 Air Bear or Bear Air? have done other more radical. alum plate $5. k&n filter $40. hd air bell $40. nose art $5. beers $10? total outlay was hovering round $1 hunerd. time it took to drink them beers, priceless. out, ponch

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at getting a Kuryakyn Corsair filter, but at £300 here in the UK I couldn't justify the price. Managed to pick one up off ebay for £80, only problem was it was off a Harley softail. Made up a nylon manifold, an Aluminium adaptor plate and two support struts, total cost £10.00 Pleased with the result, I have a spare plate so I can fit pretty much any filter now.
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/martyncross88/DSCF0049.jpg

Very nice. I like the Corsair

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KKK'r, been making my own air kits for 10yrs, 10bikes. see thread VN2000 Barons Big Air Kit, post #6 Air Bear or Bear Air? have done other more radical. alum plate $5. k&n filter $40. hd air bell $40. nose art $5. beers $10? total outlay was hovering round $1 hunerd. time it took to drink them beers, priceless. out, ponch

Thanks.....

I'll probably go something similar

·
Registered
684 Posts
2-Vulcan did a very nice DIY intake for his 1500 - you can probably find it in the 1500 forum. Good Luck !

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
got muscle to go, but no way to reign her in?

I made this one on my bike for $86.00 Heres a pics
gilly-monster, eegads man you got no rear brake:eek:!! how you wrestle that beast to a stop?

nice clean air box. shows off yor muscles, like two guns flexing. all you need is some tats to finish the job.;) out, ponch

ps. you didnt factor the beer into total cost of that upgrade. its how we measure shop work here... ex; thats a two beer job.

·
Registered
319 Posts
intake

Poncho, with your brake mod and those dual pipes, it hides the brake cylinder. Makes it almost invisable. Intake wasn't too bad, maybe a few cans. The reworked swing arm and brake cylinder were close to a keg.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made this one on my bike for $86.00 Heres a pics
thats nice. I will probably go with something that style.............unless I can get a tunnel type to look right ie....hurricane or tornado.

I really like the thunder hurricane alot. Had one on my VTX...I just will not pay that ever again

·
Registered
319 Posts
intake

thats nice. I will probably go with something that style.............unless I can get a tunnel type to look right ie....hurricane or tornado.

I really like the thunder hurricane alot. Had one on my VTX...I just will not pay that ever again
heres where I got thee aircleaner from. They are $66 plus shipping. I made a sheet metal adapter, riveted it on to the back side of the k&N, then bolted it on. This come with the larger 3" filter. I initially used that one, but switched to the thinner 1.5"
http://www.clemmonstrading.com/servlet/the-30642/K&N-56-dsh-1652-DDO-5.5X9/Detail

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts