Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of old timers and not so old timers have bought machines when working for the man full time with one or two jobs; thinking that they could be repaired at a later date? Well, I am one of those people my wife says "hoarder". I married late in life and had collected a few bikes, mostly road and sport. Understand we don't dwell on the subject, but I begin to believe she may be right. I just couldn't pass up a good deal.
If you are out there, don't give up. I have got to a point in my life where I can work on my hoard and it is great.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
How many of old timers and not so old timers have bought machines when working for the man full time with one or two jobs; thinking that they could be repaired at a later date? Well, I am one of those people my wife says "hoarder". I married late in life and had collected a few bikes, mostly road and sport. Understand we don't dwell on the subject, but I begin to believe she may be right. I just couldn't pass up a good deal.
If you are out there, don't give up. I have got to a point in my life where I can work on my hoard and it is great.
When it comes to bikes ... its a man thing and women will never understand ..... just like we don't understand why they need to "hoard" 50 pair of shoes and 20 handbags.:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Hmmm...
Among things like Model 1911's and such, one of the things I collect are Sunbeam Mixmasters. The earliest models are from around 1931, and they all work and I use them in food preparation. Here is a pic of one whipping up a batch of brownies.

I have a whole lot of these, but not that many pairs of shoes.
I like these because they are an example of the way we used to build things that would literally last a lifetime, or maybe two!
A guy thing? A hoarder? Well, I can think of worse habits or idiosyncrasies to have, I guess.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts