Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was involved in a hit-n-fly on the way to work this morning. Damn bird just cleared the windshield and right into the faceshield of my FF helmet-at 75mph! Didn't even stop to leave an insurance card ... do I file a claim with PETA? Ducks Unlimited? Whiplash! I'm gonna sue! :beat-up:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
LOL...I've had some dive bombers come close. Damn birds seem to just want to Komakasi my a$$. Last week into a ten day, non-stop, wall to wall sunshine, over 75 in the afternoon, I was working on the bike and felt something warm drop on the back of my tee-shirt. Yup, I got :poop: on!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
could not imagine what that is like to the head. I took 1 (2 different times) off the left shin and it resulted with nice bruise and knot on my leg for a little while. Ouch :beat-up:

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
That's nothing! A good friend of mine was riding a 900 Classic LT and hit a full grown turkey at 65, that came through the windshield shattering it, hit him on the chest, and rode with him until he stopped and the bird flew off.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
That's nothing! A good friend of mine was riding a 900 Classic LT and hit a full grown turkey at 65, that came through the windshield shattering it, hit him on the chest, and rode with him until he stopped and the bird flew off.
:eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And he didn't even get a drumstick? Damn, what a rip! :D

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
A buddy of mine was on a club ride and a buzzard came in over the tree tops and swooped down, helmet to bird collision. My buddy brushed the bird aside and kept riding.
Last year I was riding to work and dropped off the hill at the edge of town and a bird committed suicide. It flew into the space between my windshield and the forks. I saw bird goo race across the windshield and I felt other bird goop whip in under my FF helmet. The bird died from the impact and after I removed the carcass the other stuff cleaned up rather easily.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i had a bird explode when it hit my handlebars one night on the way to work. i tried to wipe it off of me, but my shirt was still stinking pretty good by the next morning when i got off. had another bird hit the front wheel of my ninja 250 one day, and it wouldnt have been so bad if the wheel hadnt kicked it up through the fairing into the gas tank were some goo hit my helmet. im just glad it was a full-face helmet, because it hit at about my mouth area.:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damn! Good excuse to have an windshield now. My bikes been crapped on but thankfully where I live. There aren't too many suicidal birds.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had a really close call with three turkey buzzards feeding on road kill in the center of my lane. I was going about 60, saw them ahead, and I kept thinking "surely they'll fly", so I didn't slow down. They flew at the last minute and I missed one of them by inches........Learned a good lesson that day............."assume nothing".

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts