Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Douglas

Did you ever find any new information on this? I agree with you 100%. First off, I don't want an engine guard. Second I get visions of the highway pegs stripping and not fitting right on an engine guard...then all you have is a scratched up ugly engine guard.:eek:

You know, after I looked at them on the Küryakyn website, they don't look like they add that much to what I already have. Maybe an inch difference which is not enough. They look cool but they don't extend far enough out for me. Sounds like my only option is an ugly engine guard which will never happen!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Smedlin, you ever have those slip on you? Seems like a lot of torque at the frame clip. I've never used Kury pegs, are they solid?

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Thanks Smedlin, you ever have those slip on you? Seems like a lot of torque at the frame clip. I've never used Kury pegs, are they solid?
Nope, they never slip. I've moved them several times, to find that "perfect" spot, and never saw any marks on the frame either...

The link I showed you was the wrong one. I THINK these are them here...

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_id=83&Category_ID=6&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=681&sblid_name=Kuryakyn_Long_Right_Angle_Mount_with___inch_Diameter_Clamps_and_Small_ISO_Pegs___Pair_for_Kawasaki_2000_Vulcan

·
Registered
25 Posts
The link you sent has a 1" clamp, i believe the frame downtube is 1 1/4". I can't find that peg with the right size clamp. Do I need to buy it separately, or does the 1" clamp fit?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the Kury #4579 floorboard mounts (with pegs added, of course) and they work great for me. Not too far forward, not too high. Just enough to spread-out a bit. More often than not, I ride with my heel on the existing floorboard and the ball of my foot on the HW pegs. BTW, my height is 6-2.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/929/Adjustable-Cruise-Peg-Mounts

Woody
'06 2K Classic
KZ4AK
www.albe24.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts