Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys would you mind posting pics and what types of highway pegs you guys are using and what and if you like about them.. im on the shorter side 5'10 and the bikes a voyager :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't have a pic right this minute, but I have a set of Kuryakyn on the crash bars which works well for me, I'm 6'1". Another what looks to be a very comfortable setup bolted directly to the front of the floor board. Don't know who's that one is.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what model kury do you have ? ive seen like 3 diff ones that would work but havent seen any actualy mounted on the bike

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Tour-tech mounts with long arms. Very adjustable. I'm 5' 10" and they fit me just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
hey guys would you mind posting pics and what types of highway pegs you guys are using and what and if you like about them.. im on the shorter side 5'10 and the bikes a voyager :)
I have pictures of my "LongHorns"and I like them just fine.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Tour-tech mounts with long arms. Very adjustable. I'm 5' 10" and they fit me just fine.
+1 on the Tour Techs - I have them with Kury ISO wings mounted and I lover them - I am 5'10 as well . . . :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have pictures of my "LongHorns"and I like them just fine.
I've got Kuryakyn Dually Offset pegs (1-1/4" quick clamp) set up similar to David's. They are almost the same as what he's got pictured but just a bit shorter in the extension bar than the Longhorns. I'm also 6' tall so didn't need to bring the pegs as close as others. If I had to buy new I'd probably get the Longhorns for more positioning options but to get these on my VV I only had to buy the clamps, had the parts leftover from replacing highway pegs (ironically, with Longhorns...) on another bike. With the Offsets and the position I've got them in my knees are still slightly bent. Not really at a comfortable position to rest my heels on top of them like I'll do with my other bike, so I may play around with the location some more.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
ok so i guess its longhorns or the tour techs hmm which ones to pick
I don't know if the tour techs are solid steel and well made, but the Longhorns are. Plus the rubber inserts on the foot rest are shock (vib) absorbing.
Does that help?:confused:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pegs

what model kury do you have ? ive seen like 3 diff ones that would work but havent seen any actualy mounted on the bike
I, (like Pow_2k) have had mine so long I don't know what model they are, but the offset distance looks to be about 3". Very similar to David Sheeks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know if the tour techs are solid steel and well made, but the Longhorns are. Plus the rubber inserts on the foot rest are shock (vib) absorbing.
Does that help?:confused:
i think thats the way im going to go i had a set on my old 900 but i didnt know how they would work or look on the vv plus they seem to be 30-35 bucks cheaper :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I always like cheaper.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just ordered a set of Tour Techs with dually pegs off Ebay. Should be here next week.

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought/installed these: http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3924/Adjustable-Cruise-Peg-Mounts For me the case guard mounted ones didn't have enough offset, I'm around 27" inseam. Ended up pulling off everything except the board mounting plates. With everything mounted it overloaded the boards causing them to slant outwards, they dragged on most corners, and worst of all I had to pick my feet up and over them when I stopped if they were folded. After removing everything I use the peg mount nub end and really like it. I can extend my feet a little with my toes resting on it, extend a little more until it's into the ball of my shoes or stretch out and rest my feet on top of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pegs

I bought/installed these: http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3924/Adjustable-Cruise-Peg-Mounts For me the case guard mounted ones didn't have enough offset, I'm around 27" inseam. Ended up pulling off everything except the board mounting plates. With everything mounted it overloaded the boards causing them to slant outwards, they dragged on most corners, and worst of all I had to pick my feet up and over them when I stopped if they were folded. After removing everything I use the peg mount nub end and really like it. I can extend my feet a little with my toes resting on it, extend a little more until it's into the ball of my shoes or stretch out and rest my feet on top of them.
I have looked at those, and they look like a really neat setup. I'm a little confused by your writeup as to how you actually ended up mounting them. Can you post a pic.
Thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have looked at those, and they look like a really neat setup. I'm a little confused by your writeup as to how you actually ended up mounting them. Can you post a pic.
Thanks
These bolt up under the floorboard. Nice idea and I had some. Then I found the Tour-tech mounts. I like the Tour-techs a lot more.

Davidsheek - They are solid as a rock. Solid steel just like the other Kuryakyn mounts.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
These bolt up under the floorboard. Nice idea and I had some. Then I found the Tour-tech mounts. I like these a lot more.

Davidsheek - They are solid as a rock. Solid steel just like the other Kuryakyn mounts.
Well that's great, glad to hear that there's other quality products out there. But just a thought, when you mount something under the floorboards, doesn't that create a problem when making hard curves?:confused:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well that's great, glad to hear that there's other quality products out there. But just a thought, when you mount something under the floorboards, doesn't that create a problem when making hard curves?:confused:
I don't have the floorboard mounted ones anymore. I changed them out when I found the Tour-techs. I can tell you, when you install the floorboard mounted pegs, Kuryakyn supplies screws to mount the stock skid plates back on. They will hit before the peg mounts. The other reply is correct about loading the floorboards on the outside though. With the rubber damper under the boards, they can droop a bit when you put your feet on them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts