Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here found a good set of highway pegs for the custom that don't mount to engine guards? I want the pegs but don't really want to add the guards. If so pics would be appreciated also.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Has anyone here found a good set of highway pegs for the custom that don't mount to engine guards? I want the pegs but don't really want to add the guards. If so pics would be appreciated also.

Thanks
I would strongly recommend the guards...but if you really don't want them it's your call.

Rod

·
Registered
430 Posts

i found these on another forum... pretty cool.

·
Registered
430 Posts
i'm gona go with the Lindby Bar over the winter. i read that it only requires some minor grinding...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Let me know about those Lindby bars, I've love to put a set of black ones on but I'm worried about the fit

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=135696#post135696

this is a thread i started a while back about the highway bar and some one posted some pics of what they had to grind down... you might find it useful if thats the route you want to go... i will be doing this this winter.
So there is no competition between the either foot, especially the shift toe, and the Lindy? Is that bit of grinding truly the only consideration for the 9c? If so, it's quite unbelievable that Lindy has not responded accordingly.

And, BTW, do you know if the other Lindy models would fit the same on the 9c as the model you installed?

·
Registered
430 Posts
And, BTW, do you know if the other Lindy models would fit the same on the 9c as the model you installed?
i havent done this yet but i am thinking about the Lindby Highway Bar with the O-Rings... ( the model with the sharp corners )

i don't think that the shift toe will interfere but then again, i haven't seen that many customs with the model i want to do...

one guy here had bought a pair from ebay that were knockoffs and he ground it down himself but as for the shifter, he hasnt complained

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I have the OEM guard for my Classic. Looks the same as the one in your picture, but is not black.

I have/can rest my feet on them, but that isn't what it is there for. You can get attachment pegs for the guards that will be more comfortable. That is what I am looking for, but some sort of armrest and some passenger boards for my wife come first...

Rod

·
Registered
430 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts