Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2014 Vulcan 900 Classic, and LOVE it.
I didnt think I would like floorboards, but I actually do quite a bit.
But I would also like to have some other pegs setup so I can move around a bit more and stretch out even more at times.
I do not want to add a crash bar to the bike though, so the only other way I know how to do this is get some pegs that will mount onto the frame.
Anyone have this setup? Would love to know what you used, and as always, photos are great.
Thanks.
~John

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I need to take some good measurements,
I was thinking about trying these, since you can adjust them a good but, but i cant find anything online about how far out they stick from the mounting point.
Afraid they might be too tight in to the frame.

[EDIT]
Cant seem to post an Amazon link here,
but I meant the Kuryakyn 4436 Pilot Peg with Offsets and 1-1/4" Clamps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Highway Pegs

Bought a set from Cruiser Customizing. MC Enterprises Deluxe Hi-Way Bars w/Alligator Pegs - 06 and newer VN900 Classic/Custom, Part Number: MC-4249. They mount to existing holes on the frame. Look great and are very comfortable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed the highway pegs I got off Amazon last night.
Kuryakyn 7933 Offset Peg with 1.350" Clamp

Will take a long way home from work today to give them a good test.
They are BEEFY. About 3 lbs. each! They have a ton of adjustment to them, which can make getting them both the same pretty time consuming.
Still not sure on the placement of them, Ideally, I would like something further out, and much lower.
But lower isnt an option, besides, I guess that would just end up being like typical forward control pegs.
I may look into the brackets I have seen that move the stock floor boards forward just a bit also.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I thought about doing what you did but felt they would not be far enough out. I think I was looking at the same pegs you put on. Then i found the mc enterprise ones and took a chance on them. From the frame to the outside edge is right at 11 inches. They are about 4 inches above the brake pedal to the top of the peg. Very comfortable to me and easy to install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at those also, but was afraid of the lack of adjustment,
yours are wider than mine, I'd guess by a good couple inches.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I looked at those also, but was afraid of the lack of adjustment,
I had that same concern. So I had my local dealer order them for me. That way it would been an easy return if I did not like them. The dealer said they would have no problem returning them if that was the case. But they worked out for me.

I wonder if you could get a longer peg and put on those Kuryakyn
I wonder how long these are
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/3885/Long-Right-Angle-Mounts-with-Longhorn-ISO-Pegs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Kuryakyn seem to stake a standard peg, so I am sure I could swap them for longer ones if I find I need to.
I will use these for a while, adjust them some, see how it goes.
I think I like them, its just that they are quite high, while I can stretch my legs out straight, it makes me have to raise them alot, and my bad hip doesnt care for that much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts