Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for highway pegs for my 2013 Voyager. Everyone tells me I need Kuryakin #4575 - Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs to accomodate the position of the crash bars on the Voyager:

http://amzn.com/B000GZQIO6

Does anyone know if this one work with a Voyager and the position of its crash bars?

http://amzn.com/B000WJWYEE

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Assuming the engine bars on the Voyager are the same as the ones on the Vaquero, the standard Harley highway pegs mounts work okay, assuming again you can reach them. I have long legs, and it's a nice comfy stretch to the pegs, with heels on the front edge of the boards for extra support. Just have to be a little careful of the rear brake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Keef. It's not the same as the Vaquero because the Voyager has the lowers that get in the way (see image below). You need an offset peg to clear them. The two that I referenced are both offset pegs. I'm just wondering if anyone has the Kuryakyn 7999 which I prefer to the 4575.

Anyone have any experience with the 7999 on a Voyager 1700?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I recently ordered the Kuryakin #4575 pegs for my 2013 Voyager. They arrived today so I'll let you know how they work out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate it, Glenn. I would prefer the 7999, but it would be good to know for sure that 4575 fits. Thanks!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Shooter your not gonna have any problems with the Kuryakyn 7999,7993 or 4575. That lower rain guard isn't gonna be an issue at all.
Here's is a youtube video link showing his highway pegs, they look like the 7999 or either the 7993's that I had on my Vaquero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgvjG73hP-Y

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, diehard. They do look like 7999s from what I can see. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the 4575. You need the offset to work around the lowers and get the pegs to where you can reach them, especially with short legs like mine.

Reactions: JeffMcClain

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I have the 4575. You need the offset to work around the lowers and get the pegs to where you can reach them, especially with short legs like mine.
I agree. Mine are installed and will take a few pics later. Tied up at the moment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm curious to see how high above the lower bend of the crash bar you mounted them, Glenn. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I ordered 4575 earlier today. Should be here next week!

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Pegs

Not the best pics but..., Let me know if you need a different view. Note: within 2 minutes after taking the pics, I dropped the dang bike. Driveway is sloped and it started going over and there was nothin I could do about it. Not sure why the pics are sideways.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The pics look great, Glenn. Just what I was hoping to see. This will be a big help in determining where to mount them on the crash bars.

SO sorry to hear about the bike going over. Any damage?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
The pics look great, Glenn. Just what I was hoping to see. This will be a big help in determining where to mount them on the crash bars.

SO sorry to hear about the bike going over. Any damage?
The lid on right side bag flew open and dinged the clear coat in a few spots. I will take to get repaired soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts