Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted recently in a thread about crash bars on a custom. I am looking for a bar that will allow me to attach highway pegs. Someone said the OEM bar is not ideal for attaching pegs to, as it sits forward. Wondering if anyone has any experience (and pics) of a setup that worked well for them? I have an SE bike, so wanting to continue the black finish.

I like the look of lindby bars that have the rests built in to the crash bar, but haven't found a black one that fit. Really like the OEM black finish, compliments the bike well. Thoughts?

And just for bragging purposes, I just got some tsukayu bags, loving the way my bike looks now!
Thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Perhaps you can find some used lindby bars then get them powder coated to the color you want. No idea what it would cost for the powder coating but may be worth a few phone calls to find out. You could also ask lindby if this powder coating is an option, my guess is no but it never hurts to ask.

WB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had considered the powder coating. I really like the glossy black look, would love to get the OEM with pegs. Was hoping someone had used the kuryaken pegs that adjust to multiple positions or something.
I may have to call lindby and just see if they have a black one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can mount the kurayaken swinging pegs on them nicely. They are a bit pricey but you can put them virtually anywhere. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding some adjustable pegs. JedVN900C mentioned Kuryakin but I can't afford anything like that. Any suggestions are appreciated. I bought a Cobra Highway Bar in chrome on eBay for $183. Had a friend powder coat them flat black for $50. I love the look of them. This is my first post with a picture so hopefully it's not too small and you can see it.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts