Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Highway pegs 2013 Voyager - crash bar size

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Peg 
#1 ·
I want to order highway pegs for my Voyager but don't know the size. My bike is out of town. Anyone know the diameter of the crash bar? Appreciate the help.

#2 ·
I think they are an odd size.

I got mine used and from a fellow Vulcan Forum member, so I knew they would fit. The down size is that I don't know what size they are to help you...

Mine are the Kuryakyn Tour-Tech and I love the position they are mounted.

#3 ·
Kury Tourtech's or Longhorn Dually's seem to be the highway pegs of choice... and your crash bars are 1 1/4" diameter.

I added 2" extensions to my Longhorns to get them in the same position I was used to on the Nomad. Tourtech's look like they're a little longer, and closer to the boards without extensions required. I wanted them close enough to give me 3 options for foot positions.

#5 ·
#8 ·
I have my Kuryakyn highway pegs positioned so I can have my heel on the floorboards and my toes on the pegs, as well as my feet on the pegs when I want to really stretch out.

#10 ·
That's what I meant when I said I wanted 3 options for foot positions. On the boards alone, heel on boards & toes on pegs, and on the pegs alone.

I find I spend 90% of any distance ride in the middle heel / toe position. I'd guess that's to do with the slightly shorter ergonomics of the Voyager compared to the Nomad?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.