Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the beefy looking forks of the Classic and didn't want a set of standard diameter highway bars to come across as looking really skinny by comparison. I've installed Highway Hawk's Extreme Fat bar and am satisfied with the result.
Probably a 3 beer install only because of the hassles with having to relocate the stock horn.

While the horn will fit on the center bracket (moving from the original location), you have to really stretch the wires to their limit. But the deal breaker on that location is that the right fork will hit the horn when making a right turn. So I moved the horn down to attach to one of the radiator attach points, cut off the wire connectors, soldered about 5 inches of new wire, reconnected the original connectors, and used heat shrink tubing on all soldered joints.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If I may suggest the FIAMM Freeway Blaster, would probably clean up your look a bit. Pretty cheap on amazon and no wire cutting required. The bar's look nice!

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I may suggest the FIAMM Freeway Blaster, ...]
Thanks @darkarcher. I already have a set of two (one Hi, one Low) ready to install. I have the same set-up on one of my cars and know what to expect. My main challenge is in stalling a relay to handle the increased current draw from both horns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts