Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Just wondering what kind of Highway Bars (don't like the word "crash bars") and pegs people are using?
And as always pics are nice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i dont have one yet but the barons bar looks cool the way it bolts up
I received the Baron Bars from JP Cycles last week and the mounting bolts would not fit the holes in the bars. I called JP and he got another set off the shelf same problem.I shipped the bars back on saturday .Just playing the waiting game now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
well im sorry about the issues your having but i guess in a way im glad so i dont go by them and go threw the same problems lol :D
I received the Baron Bars from JP Cycles last week and the mounting bolts would not fit the holes in the bars. I called JP and he got another set off the shelf same problem.I shipped the bars back on saturday .Just playing the waiting game now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
how do you like this bar how did it bolt up i've seen it on phat performance and its like $24 cheaper than the cobra bar. does any one else have luck with this bar and like it better or for a diff reason over the cobra bar
MCE guards with Kury wannabes from JC Whitney.........

·
Registered
89 Posts
Doughrek,
What kind of fairing is that? if it is the memphis shades, what mounting brackets did you use to get it to sit back against the headlight?

Love those bars. I am thinking about the Cobra's since I have a Custom and the Lindby won't fit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
how do you like this bar how did it bolt up i've seen it on phat performance and its like $24 cheaper than the cobra bar. does any one else have luck with this bar and like it better or for a diff reason over the cobra bar
I like these bars just fine. Install was easy, I like the slightly squared shap, it has tipped over once(on grass) without damage.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just saw you pic of the Custom w/Lindby bar. Did you use the Lindby meant for the Classic (as you have a Custom from what I can see on pic)? Were there any problems or "tricks" in mounting it?
No Custom Lindby bar is listed on the Lindby site & when I called Lindby they said they don't make one for Custom.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just saw you pic of the Custom w/Lindby bar. Did you use the Lindby meant for the Classic (as you have a Custom from what I can see on pic)? Were there any problems or "tricks" in mounting it?
No Custom Lindby bar is listed on the Lindby site & when I called Lindby they said they don't make one for Custom.
agreed... i love the look of the Lindy bars but they do not list the Custom as a fitted bike?!?! if they work fine... that is my next purchase! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I can explain how it was done. If you look closely, he has floorboards. My second hand 09 Custom had the Kawa floorboards for the Classic installed. I called Lindy about it since I wanted a Multibar.

If you have the Kawa Classic boards, the Lindby Multibar fits. It appears that the Lindbar does also.

Cheers

Bob
Ottawa, Canada

·
Registered
300 Posts
The floorboards don't have anything to do w/it directly. I also have floorboards (Kur.. constallations) on my custom as add-ons. The bike seems to have been some type of mix/match between a classic & custom or the actual bracket frame that holds the pegs or boards was switched out from a custom to a classic bracket. Perhaps this allows the lindby to attach to it. In a post approx month old most if not all the bikes parts seem to have been sold, so the mystery stands-"how did he do it".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts