Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanting to install some highway bars on my 07 custom but kawasaki shows that the bars are different between the custom and the classic, so my question is that most of the after market bars show they fit both the custom and the classic. Can anyone with bars installed on their custom post a pic and let me know which ones they are and if there is any obstruction with their feet while on the pegs.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
This is the best shot I've got and she's packed away for the winter. Those are Cobra 1 1/4" highway bars. After I installed them I had to change my foot position when breaking. I have a habit of moving my foot higher on the peg when I brake (so my heal is on the peg instead of my arch) and sometimes my toe would stop against the bar before I was actually braking. When I leave my foot in the riding position I don't have a problem but it took me a while. I've doing that foot-shift since '81. Cobra does not offer separate Classic/Custom bars last time I looked.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Information SteveJB

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Classic and Custom both use the same bar. They have 2 different numbers for the chrome and the black from Kawi but they will both fit both bikes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just bought my 2009 900LT in October, looking at the highway bars I don't like the top only being attached with one small bolt which also anchors the top of the radiator. If the bars get smacked the radiator mounting bracket will also be damaged. No idea what brand of bars they are as they were on the bike when I got it. Seriously thinking of modifying them in the spring. Looking around and lots of highway bars are bolted to the frame which seems to be a much better idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here is my 07 custom with cobra bars. The cobras mount to the frame. I can tell you that when my brother laid down his 900 classic with the cobra bars they held up and did their job. The last pic is his classic before the accident...

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
The top end of the Cobra bars attach to the frame. Very sturdy.

Joe
+1 Just installed Cobra Freeway bars, and they are rock solid. Heavy/sturdy clamps, along with heavy gauge tubing make these bars part of the frame.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome when money allows i will be putting Cobra bars on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts