Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Altho winter is taking a little too long to go away, I want to pull the trigger in the next day or two on highway bars AND a windshield for my '09 900 classic.
For the windshield, suggestions for size (I am 5'8")
Recommendations please!

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
5 Posts
You don't want one too tall. My dealer had a large clear plex sheet with all the Memphis Shades sizes outlined on it. They held it up to the headlight for correct placement, then let me look through the glass & chose what I wanted.
For highway bars, I bought the Cobra from a dealer on e-bay...cheapest I found it. $167.50 shipped, but the same dealer now is $179.95.
Good Luck & have fun shopping!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those look good. You can't go wrong with OEM, even if it may be a little pricier than aftermarket. I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Since the LT already comes with a windshield, we left it at that (it's my wife's bike) and she seems to like the stock shield. For "crash" bars, we got the OEM ones, which are different from the ones pictured in the above post. They're chrome and look pretty good. At a swap meet I found a set of Kuryakyn (at least I think they're Kury's) highway pegs I clamped onto the highway bars. They work well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put a Memphis Shade Fats on my 900 Classic. It's the quick release model.

It's 19" tall from the head light cut out. I'm 5'8" also and I wished I had ordered the 17" tall screen instead. Don't get me wrong it's fine but I would rather look over it than through it.

I do look over it if I sit up straight but I'm old and slouch over I guess. any way that's my take on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bought my used but low mileage '09 Classic 900 from a dealership and it came with a shield; it is narrower and lower than the one I'd had on the V-Star (which had come on that bike and I never changed it). I like this one *much* better, it's the right height for me... also turns out it's a quick release Memphis Shades, but doubt I'll remove it much if at all.

The deal I made to buy the bike included a new Kawi engine guard which was terribly easy to put on; I like the fit and finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts