Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a quality set of highway bars for a 900 Classic? Not wanting anything to bulky or pricey. Something that will "match" the classic look of the bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like my Cobra Freeway bar... looks sharp on the bike and fits the classic design. Of course, you can always go with the Kawasaki OEM highway bars if you want something guaranteed to fit the style of the bike.

Highway bars MAY protect your engine in a laydown, but any manufacturer will disclaim that. Instead, highway bars are really made as a place to mount highway pegs. So you should be thinking about the pegs you want when you think about the bar.

Also, to take care of both... Lindby makes a multibar that is a highway bar with a footrest built right into the design. Lots of 900 owners on the forum have them and they look sharp!

·
Registered
658 Posts
another vote for the cobra. I have one on my custom and my brother has one on his classic.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
+1 on the Cobra. It just looks natural on the bike. Got mine on Ebay for $167.50 with free shipping!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have the Cobra. See pics. Oh yeah, they work well to. I mean the keeping the bike off the ground part. Had an unfortunate situation involving the back of a Chevy truck and some blacktop over a year ago now. And the bars held up well. Actually sold them to a guy wanting to powder coat them so he didn't mind a few scuffs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I skidded into a 4 way stop sign last year (my fault for not paying attention to the red light) and dropped my bike over on the right side. the Hwy bar held the bike up until the very end, as evidenced by the cut in the bottom of my bar chap and scratches to the bar, but it did not bend in the skid as I rode out the locked up back brake, and kept me from dropping it hard on the right side. Wouldn't leave home without it ......(I tend to be a little unstable on the right side:-( )

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here is the knock-off, not bad for $75 and do exactly the same job as the $250 one.
Used to find them in e-bay but not anymore.

Dang, those are sweet. Who makes em and Where Can you find them if not on eBay anymore?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Those were made by Cavalry Custom. I emailed them a while back asking if they had any plans to make more and got a pretty uninterested "No" back.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm a bit surprised that a community as rich with talent as this one doesn't have someone who can fabricate a Lindby or H&P knock-off for the custom.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Those were made by Cavalry Custom. I emailed them a while back asking if they had any plans to make more and got a pretty uninterested "No" back.
Well that sucks, cheapest I could find for the lindys is 240 online.

I'm a bit surprised that a community as rich with talent as this one doesn't have someone who can fabricate a Lindby or H&P knock-off for the custom.
Right!!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
In reality, it's cheaper to buy from someone who makes them in bulk then to do a one at a time thing...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
lol Mikey... :)

it has been a year almost now with no announcement. I think they have all given up and are secretly forming a new group to try out for America's got Talent. Feynman and the Bosons.... all they do is put the camera above them and make arcs and curlycues. They keep losing the guy they make play a mini black hole tho..... !

Annie

Is that my physics tutor? What is the latest on the LHC? Higgs is a nice name for a butler. <:)#

Mike

1 - 20 of 35 Posts