Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sort of stumbled into producing hitches for the VN900 Classic. I made one for myself and then had people asking me to make them one. I've improved the quality having gone to CNC plasma cut pieces. My design is an improvment on another hidden hitch on the market and my price is WAY better. When the tongue and ball are removed the hitch is totally hidden from normal view. Check it out on Ebay. Just search VN900 hitch.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
can you post a pic of it and a price you are asking for it
I have them on Ebay auction with a buy-it-now price of $210. Just search "Vulcan Hitch" or "VN900 hitch" on Ebay and there is pictures and lots of info or pm me for more info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Question

I have them on Ebay auction with a buy-it-now price of $199. Just search "Vulcan Hitch" or "VN900 hitch" on Ebay and there is pictures and lots of info or pm me for more info.
Moe, what bolts did you use for bolting the hitch to the horn arms?
I been looking for bolts that are a bit longer then the factory ones. I have found several that are 8mX40m socket head, but the threads do not go all the way up the shaft, there by causing me to use a spacer, which I think would weaken the fastening.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moe, what bolts did you use for bolting the hitch to the horn arms?
I been looking for bolts that are a bit longer then the factory ones. I have found several that are 8mX40m socket head, but the threads do not go all the way up the shaft, there by causing me to use a spacer, which I think would weaken the fastening.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.
I use a 5/16 x 2 grade 8 allen head bolt. My hitch is 9/16 thick including the spacer. The spacer is welded to the hitch. I put the bolt through from the outside and a nylon locknut on the inside, no washers.
Hope this helps, Moe

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes, I do. 21/64ths bit. It works out better that way. I wasn't comfortable with having two sets of threads(nuts) on one bolt and we felt it would ensure the hitch was properly anchored with everything on the bolt tightened in snug with one nut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Big Moe
I have a 2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT and would like to buy a hitch. I don't do e-bay but I have a Pay Pal account. Is there away I can buy direct from you. I live in Ontario K0C 1M0.
Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Big Moe
I have a 2008 Vulcan 900 Classic LT and would like to buy a hitch. I don't do e-bay but I have a Pay Pal account. Is there away I can buy direct from you. I live in Ontario K0C 1M0.
Thanks, Rick
PM sent to you.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was kind of taking a break over the holidays but will get one on right away.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I hate doing the Ebay thing. I'm more of an agree on a price and get it done kind of guy. Can I send you or you send me a pm (if I can figure it out) and purchase direct. I can set up a paypal account. heck I may already have one the wife set up.

thanks
RV

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have just stumbled across you trailer hitch for the 900LT and I am very interested. I would like to know however what the primary differences are between your unit and the Denray unit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like to buy one of your hitches...

I've sort of stumbled into producing hitches for the VN900 Classic. I made one for myself and then had people asking me to make them one. I've improved the quality having gone to CNC plasma cut pieces. My design is an improvment on another hidden hitch on the market and my price is WAY better. When the tongue and ball are removed the hitch is totally hidden from normal view. Check it out on Ebay. Just search VN900 hitch.
Hello, how are you? I hope all is well. My hubby found your item and it's exactly what we need. Can you give us an email and let us know how much and I will pay you through Paypal, He has been searching for a hidden hitch for a while. Our email is [email protected] or call his cell 519-313-0614, thanks and I look forward to your email.
Michelle :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice quality product, fast shipping, easy install. I purchased mine in January 2011 and installed it in March Everythig fit like a glove. BIGMO even sends installation instructions and wiring info...I made a few changes but minor and didnt have to do that all would have worked perfectly. Im very happy with the hitch and the price was spot on and shipping was quick... if you live in the lower 48 and try to track the shipping you will only be able to track it to Canada/US customs once it hit the US I was not able to track but from Canada customs to mid IA was 5 days.. now all I have to do is wait for trailer to come back from paint shop and Ill be set and that should be the end of the week
LET IT RIDE

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am interested in this hitch, but I am unable to find it listed anywhere on ebay. Please let me know how to get my hands on one.

I noticed you use a Scootworks front overdrive pulley. I am wondering how you adjusted the speedometer to read correctly with the new pulley? Also, I did a quick look and noticed they sell a rear pulley as well and was wondering if you have experience with both or would recommend one over the other or both? Thanks for your help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts