Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 vn 2000 has power comander V&H powershots and hypercharger.I recently developed a sporadic (hickup)and miss at mid to high rpm range.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,stumped,thanks.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
My 07 vn 2000 has power comander V&H powershots and hypercharger.I recently developed a sporadic (hickup)and miss at mid to high rpm range.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,stumped,thanks.
With the powershots and the hypercharger you may have leaned it out a bit too much. Can you adjust the power commander or do you have to remap? I would suggest to richen the mixture at the high end a couple percent and re-test.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had it professionaly maped on dyno last year and it was fine. I ran out of gas once,could that have done something?

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Something could have changed in the engine, who knows? This problem is exactly why I bought the Cobra FI2000 fuel controller. It doesn't need mapping. You can adjust it when ever you want to change the characteristics.

That was the only thing I could think of. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Have the mapping checked again if you can. These engines don't miss. They are fuel injected and normally don't mess up. I can't help but believe this is part of the problem. If you are running too lean you could well get a small miss. Check your tail pipes and see if you're blowing any black smoke when you rev the engine. If so she's running too rich.
I don't think running it out of gas would do anything harmful. It would just make the engine quit making noise. Soon as you fill it up the fuel pump would do its job and down the road you would go.
Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd try some Seafoam... Dump the whole can in. I doubt there is anything wrong with your Power Commander, but still check and make sure you still have the custom map in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts