Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013, Kawasaki, VN900 Custom
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I would like to hear your recommendations for saddle bags on a white/black custom also to be budget friendly if possible. thanks
IMG-3957.jpg
IMG-3957.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys, I would like to hear your recommendations for saddle bags on a white/black custom also to be budget friendly if possible. thanks View attachment 240720 View attachment 240720 View attachment 240720
Hey Guys, I would like to hear your recommendations for saddle bags on a white/black custom also to be budget friendly if possible. thanks View attachment 240720 View attachment 240720 View attachment 240720
Hi, you could go to vikingbags.com, select your ride, then select one of the saddlebags pictured. Next, while viewing the larger picture of the bags, you can select the smaller image of your ride with the bags installed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, they have good deals... but shipping to Canada is 100$ alone

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed Viking bags on my 900. They are definitely more affordable, but the installation was hellish, and required drilling new holes in the bags, which kind of renders them damaged if you need to return/sell them. I'm not at all happy with the way they look, though they are sturdy enough. I find they ride too high, which ruins the look of bike IMHO, and there is no way to lower them because of where the bracket attaches to the bag (it would actually require a custom-made bracket). I also find that they look kind of funny from the rear because of they are kind of "pinched" in towards the seat at the top, even though they are installed exactly correctly. I also had to purchase extended fender bolts because the bags came without them, and the stock bolts are too short. All in all, I now wish I had just saved my money and bought the stock bags kit (as ridiculously expensive as it is), which I will probably end up doing at some point.

I was forced to use multiple YouTube videos to figure out how to install them as the included instructions were nearly useless. In fact, the Viking official installation video is practically worthless because it leaves out important details. I also had to enlist another person to help me because certain procedures require 3 hands.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Like fumblerooskie I picked up Vikings for my 900 and on a scale of 1-10, I would rate them at a 5. They are functional but overall not great, they do the job. Mounting the on my 2019 wasn't to bad but the bolts they send are useless and calling customer support was a joke. I picked up some stainless M8-1.25 x 50 that worked perfectly. If I had to do it again I would probably pick up different bags but will use these until they die.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed Viking bags on my 900. They are definitely more affordable, but the installation was hellish, and required drilling new holes in the bags, which kind of renders them damaged if you need to return/sell them. I'm not at all happy with the way they look, though they are sturdy enough. I find they ride too high, which ruins the look of bike IMHO, and there is no way to lower them because of where the bracket attaches to the bag (it would actually require a custom-made bracket). I also find that they look kind of funny from the rear because of they are kind of "pinched" in towards the seat at the top, even though they are installed exactly correctly. I also had to purchase extended fender bolts because the bags came without them, and the stock bolts are too short. All in all, I now wish I had just saved my money and bought the stock bags kit (as ridiculously expensive as it is), which I will probably end up doing at some point.

I was forced to use multiple YouTube videos to figure out how to install them as the included instructions were nearly useless. In fact, the Viking official installation video is practically worthless because it leaves out important details. I also had to enlist another person to help me because certain procedures require 3 hands.
Thanks for the information. I have been considering Viking Bags for my 900 custom but have resisted buying them because I’m not sure that I like the looks of bags on my custom. After reading your information, if anything, I’ll probably go with the OEM bags but, I find the mounting system ridiculously expensive! Thanks Again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the input I will check those OEM bags but maybe not viking.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Besides the OEM saddle bags, there are a number of other suppliers for the Vulcan 900. Check out the JP Cycles website, they carry a lot of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts