Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm new to to riding and recently purchased this brand new Vulcan 649 S:

Bike.jpg

I put 200 miles on it (great fun! great starter bike!) But then noticed these 2 hoses/tubes dangling down by the kickstand:

Bike Hoses.jpg

What are they ? Did something come loose ? I did not see anything in the owners manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and glad to be here !!

SG

·
Super Moderator
919 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Steel. Nice bike and very popular here. I'm not familiar with those hoses on your bike but often there will be an overflow for gas, and maybe coolant. I'm sure someone will have an answer soon though.

·
Registered
2015 Vulcan S
47 Posts
Welcome Steel! Those hoses are totally normal. They both connect to the gas tank to help vent fumes and/or fuel in normal operation or in the event of a tank overfilling. It looks like the one without the filter may have hopped out of its clamp. You can gently bend the clamp and get it back into place.

Safe riding!

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. Brand spanking new! Yum Yum! Here is a link to a factory repair manual to become familiar with your new bike. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
387 Posts
what they said! been out riding in the good weather.....those are overflows, one for the tank, one for the battery, etc....

·
Registered
2015 Vulcan S
47 Posts
what they said! been out riding in the good weather.....those are overflows, one for the tank, one for the battery, etc....
Per the service manual, both are for the tank - one's a vent tube (for fumes / pressure equalization), while the other is a drain tube (in case of overfilling the tank).

The battery is maintenance free (sealed once filled) and doesn't have a vent tube.

Just clarifying so nobody goes looking for a battery vent tube on their bike and posts frantically looking for it :)

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
842 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania and congratulations on the beautiful bike! Also welcome to the wonderful lifestyle of motorcycles!

·
Registered
118 Posts
My brand new 2020 Vulcan S doesn't have those, at least I don't think so. It's in the shop getting it's first service, at 600 miles, so I can't go look. But, I think I would remember two long hoses like that hanging down. Nice choice of bikes by the way! Welcome!

·
Registered
118 Posts
BTW, mine does have those same hoses hanging down. I never noticed them before but did make a point to take look yesterday and sure enough, there they are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW, mine does have those same hoses hanging down. I never noticed them before but did make a point to take look yesterday and sure enough, there they are.
I guess it's not an issue, but wonder why you don't see them in photos of the bike online ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts