Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Picked up my 21 900 Classic LT this past Saturday.
Thought I was done with the 2 wheeling when I sold my Yamaha Venture last year but the call of the motorcycle drew me back in. ( I'm 72 years old).
So far, so good. Getting used to the downsize. I'm 6' 2" - 250 lbs, but it will take some time to adjust.
Bill Fischer

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
Hi Bill. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Congratulations on your new ride. I too can never be without a Motorcycle. I mostly rode Goldwings and downsized to 900 Classic. Good all around bike. At 70 the more nimble bike is a welcome change. I grew up on Long Island and the traffic makes bike riding tense. Especially since texting came about. For years hopped on one of the ferries and went up to New England from Friday afternoon to Sunday night. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Ret2674, Welcome back to the two-wheeled world! The 900's a good choice. It's heavy enough to be comfortable and has a solid footing. But it's nimble enough for around-the-town jaunts. I've been riding a 1700 Vaquero since 2017, but I rode a 900 Custom for 10 years before that. I'm 66 this year and I'll probably end up back on a 900 in the not-to-distant future.

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan Voyager
120 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

·
Registered
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic
22 Posts
Welcome back! I'm also an older rider in my 60s but I was gone for 15 years or so before I came back with my 97 Vulcan 800 Classic.

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
14 Posts
Hi Bill, welcome from Ontario Canada.. Great to see you are back riding again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts