Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.
I've been looking to upgrade from my '07 Suzuki C50T, and I might have a line on a nice VL2000.
Been perusing your boards to get a feel for the pros and cons, so thought I'd join up to pose a few questions.
If all goes, maybe I'll join the Kaw fraternity!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi TrentonC

I went from a C50 Suzuki to the 1700 Classic, so I can't help with the 2000, but do,look over the posts from the 2000 guys and you will soon want one! It's a lot of bike.

And welcome aboard.

WEG

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. So far, it looks like it compares to the C90 I was looking at for weight, but power like the C109, albeit a bit lighter.
I'm up in Canada so everything is in metric, but basically to speak in US terms,
I can upgrade from a mostly stock 07 C50T with 7500 Miles to an 06 VL2000 with stage 1 intake, V&H pipes, Corbin seat, and 20,000 miles for about $2000.00 US difference.
Looks like I'm going from 650 to 750 lbs, but I'm not worried. I'm no monster (5"11, 200) but I feel the weight isn't a major concern.

Always looking for opinions though............

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome, eh! :D

I have ridden a lot of diff bikes and love my VN2000. With the upgrades you mentioned, like the pipes, it should be a pretty easy decision. Weight of the beast hasn't been a problem, and we are close in height (6 feet) but I got you in weight (230).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Bike weight is not a concern unless you drop it, still you can pick it up by yourself without help. :) A good crash bar is convenient.

The front of the bike feels heavy when walking the bike, but at speed, even parking lot speeds it's just fine. Because of it's length is not as nimble as other cruisers, shorter bikes handle a tad better (for me at least).

About the engine, it's very solid and low maintenance, because it uses push rods there's no need to adjust valve clearances, a properly maintained engine will be good for a long time.

The belt doesn't last as long as the shaft, but it lasts quite a long time and it's very low maintenance and quiet. Replacing it is not super cheap but not utterly expensive either.

Many complain about tire life, about 6K-8K on the rear, I would say it's normal, most of my bikes average about 8K for the rear tire life (on motorcycle tires). Some guys
decide to put a car tire to have it last longer.

You can't go wrong with a VN2000, you will love the torque it has, it's fast enough, and rides well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts