Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

this forum is great and I'm looking forward to be sharing my vulcan experiences with you guys. For a start though I desperately need your help. I just moved from the States to Germany and took my 2006 VN900 Classic with me. Now I am trying to get it registered here, but the German TUEV authorities, that check if the bike is road legal, require a datasheet which shows all the technical data for the bike according to EU norms, especially with regard to emission and noise data. Can anyone please help me get my Vulcan back on the road?!

Thanks in advance, it's great to be part of the community now!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Shouldn't hassle you too much. I've seen plenty of vulcans in Germany. It'll be one of the nicest bikes there.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Hi everyone,

this forum is great and I'm looking forward to be sharing my vulcan experiences with you guys. For a start though I desperately need your help. I just moved from the States to Germany and took my 2006 VN900 Classic with me. Now I am trying to get it registered here, but the German TUEV authorities, that check if the bike is road legal, require a datasheet which shows all the technical data for the bike according to EU norms, especially with regard to emission and noise data. Can anyone please help me get my Vulcan back on the road?!

Thanks in advance, it's great to be part of the community now!
Unfortunately, technically, your bike won't meet the emission requirements of the European Union. I believe the latest spec. is E4 which is stricter than California. The ECU is mapped differently and includes input from two O2 sensors. There's also a headlight with what's called a "city light" seperate from the duel filament headlight bulb. I don't know if American spec's call out a feature on the ignition switch that turns on the tail light when the bike is parked and the key can still be removed but the European version has it. It sounds like you're in the American armed forces so I would ask around to your fellow soldiers. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts