Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just logged back on to the site, I haven't been on in a couple of years but I remember that you guys were such great help when I needed it to repair my Vulcan. Well unfortunately I need help again. This time it is with my wife's bike. It's not a Kawasaki but I'm sure that the mechanics can fix anything! I'm not sure where to go? She has a 98 Yamaha 650 v star classic. The other day we were out riding and with out any warning her clutch started to slip. It was immediate! I tried to adjust the cable for free play, no change. We had to get it towed home. Now I need to fix it and I can not believe the clutch just went bad? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pulled the clutch apart and everything is within specs. I put it all back together and started it up no change, this time I noticed the drive shaft spinning and realized that it must be the rear final drive. Pulled the rear tire and found the hub is totally stripped out and needs to be replaced. After 3 rear tires being changed I would have hoped that 1 of the mechanics would have noticed that the spline had no grease and the seal was totally gone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts