Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am a new rider and am shopping for a bike. Have ridden a few different kinds, which have been ok, but nothing that has said "I'm yours". Thanks to everyone who posted about the new Vulcan S. This is a bike I fell in love with at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show - there was one set up for a small rider. I have found a dealer who will let me test ride one, even though it's a new bike. Being a new model, it has been difficult to find anything but reviews, so this has been very helpful for getting a rider's perspective so far.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Welcome. . Congrats on looking for a new bike.. it's fun looking for the one that talks to you.
Can't wait to see pics of it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome. I am wondering, with the "break-in" time for new bikes, if it is a bad idea for a new rider to get a brand new bike? I didn't really know about that and so had not considered it. The BMW 650 loaner I had for a week was pretty much new - only 150 kms on it. I didn't notice anything odd about its behaviour.

Could anyone comment on the performance differences I might see between the BMW G650 GS and the Vulcan S in terms of acceleration, shifting, power? I have much to learn. . . .

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I believe there are other rules of thoughts for a new rider, some say get a used bike first in case you let it fall over/ forget kickstand down. but some experience riders will have a opps from time to time. But as a new rider on a new bike for a break in time thing.. I believe a new rider is more than capable of doing this/ taking care of/ pride in. It's nice having new for it's warranty. But again, ton of opinions, and what you think feels best

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I am wondering, with the "break-in" time for new bikes, if it is a bad idea for a new rider to get a brand new bike? I didn't really know about that and so had not considered it. The BMW 650 loaner I had for a week was pretty much new - only 150 kms on it. I didn't notice anything odd about its behaviour.

Could anyone comment on the performance differences I might see between the BMW G650 GS and the Vulcan S in terms of acceleration, shifting, power? I have much to learn. . . .
Also you may want to create a new thread, to ask about the comparison of the 2 bikes.. not many come in the new member introduction section

1 - 6 of 6 Posts