Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2022 Vaquero 1700, I love it, only have had it 4 days, but some things concern me, She runs Really Hot…. Temp gauge almost hits the red when idling, she started making a weird sound today, almost like a chirping clicking sound…. Man, shes brand new… I hope she is reliable….
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,990 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania, cant say from experience what is normal with that model, hopefully since it's new if there is an issue it would be warranty work, or just dealer oversight like not filling enough coolant

·
Super Moderator
1,415 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Wow, that is one gorgeous bike (sorry for the drool)! I'd take it to the dealer and ask the service department. Definitely a warranty thing so it'll only cost you a little time.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Welcome from Arizona
You are getting a lot of good advice. The 1700 runs warm its just the way the bike is. That said it should not be that warm.
The chirp you speak of does it only occur if moving? If so its probably your belt Kawasaki like to set them really tight some find it to be to tight and loosen it a little bit. Don't attempt this yourself unless you have a belt deflection tool and feel comfortable doing it. You can ask the shop to do it but most dealers will not be ok with setting it out of spec and may void your warranty if they know you did it. so keep that in mind.
the 1700 is a very reliable bike and well built.
Having the ECU reflashed by IVAN is reported to cool the bike down as well but it may void your warranty and may not be technically legal in your state so you may want to wait till the warranty is done to consider it but it wont hurt to head over to Ivans performance and rea up on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got a 2022 Vaquero 1700, I love it, only have had it 4 days, but some things concern me, She runs Really Hot…. Temp gauge almost hits the red when idling, she started making a weird sound today, almost like a chirping clicking sound…. Man, shes brand new… I hope she is reliable…. View attachment 256476
What do they call this color? I absplutely love your bike, it’s my plan to step up into a vaquero when I can from my Vulcan 900!

·
Super Moderator
1,415 Posts
According the Kawasaki Canada and USA websites the 2022 Vaquero only comes in Metallic Matte Graphene Steel Gray. I agree...it's beautiful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts