Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, new Vulcan owner here. Or about to be anyway. This weekend I will be trading my baby; a 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 750, straight over for a Vulcan Classic 900. After some haggling and keeping of some accessories we're both happy with the trade and I can't wait to pick it up. So anyone have any tips? And tricks or advice for the new Vulcan owner? The bike already has cobra pipes, floor boards with heel/toe shifter, saddle bags, and cobra fuel pack. Any good stories, tips, or advice will br greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome, Matthew. Only tip is to have fun and ride safe! You've settled on a great bike.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Get a Kissan turn signal canceler. It also will do run/turn/brake functions flashing your brake light, turning the rear turn signals into running lights and make hazard lights out of all running lights. That's pretty cool and increases your visibility in the rear.

Oh, and ride it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol, I am pretty hard headed! More than anything though, my Spirit was completely chromed out as well as only having a tad over 1k miles; not bad for an 06. The Kawai is beautiful but the mileage is a little above standard, but its been well loved so I'm not worried a bit!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome, Matt. The first thing you're gonna love is fuel injection. If I recall, the 750 shadow is carbureted?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey there guys, new Vulcan owner here. Or about to be anyway. This weekend I will be trading my baby; a 2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 750, straight over for a Vulcan Classic 900. After some haggling and keeping of some accessories we're both happy with the trade and I can't wait to pick it up. So anyone have any tips? And tricks or advice for the new Vulcan owner? The bike already has cobra pipes, floor boards with heel/toe shifter, saddle bags, and cobra fuel pack. Any good stories, tips, or advice will br greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Welcome!! get to reading, plenty of tips on here. Check the grease fittings on bottom of bike first,

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome, You will love the 900, it's a great bike. Unfortunately I'm getting ready to store mine for the winter. It's getting colder every day up here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is a thread labeled "broken grease fittings" or something like that. I just read it yesterday and checked mine, guess I have my suspension to tight, mine are still intact.
Also, get rid of the stock tires, I went with Avon and will never look back. Bike handles like a real low, slow sport bike now. I have 2 of those also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the other thing you're going to really like is the power when you get on it. It'll put a smile on your face a mile wide.

Oh and welcome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts