Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I say anymore, Im gunna say, if it wasn't for the 900 I would never have even thought about the 2000, the 900 is the best bike I have ever owned, it has renewed the passion I have always had for bikes and will never say a bad word about this bike, I don't even know if I will sell it, it would be like getting rid of a family member.
I would like to say (like you Americans) that I have pulled the trigger, BUT I don't have a firearms license anymore so I will just say I have purchased one.
Now I have never seen one in real life, but love the look, probably cause the 900 was based on it.
I just love the look of the 2000, the size worries me a bit, but until I see it in real life I wont know. Its not like I can go around the corner and have a look at one. But the Torque.... love that motor.
Its leaving from the other end of Australia next Wednesday and wont get here till another week, if its still in one piece when it gets here I will ride it from ship back to its new home in Tasmania and start a new project.
Hey Ok its a red vn2000 LT, stock except for pipes, V&N pipes, now I will be removing the screen to ride it home(wont ride a bike with screen) and then taking off everything I don't need, like bags, sissy bars, passenger seat, move rear number plate, heaps of shite going on in my head with this bike.
If for some reason this bike just doesn't do it, I will move it on and just keep riding the 900.
But deep down I think this bike is gunna be the greatest thing I have ever ridden.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Before I say anymore, Im gunna say, if it wasn't for the 900 I would never have even thought about the 2000, the 900 is the best bike I have ever owned,
But the Torque.... love that motor. But deep down I think this bike is gunna be the greatest thing I have ever ridden.
hooners, its only fair that you think highly of the 900, it has served you well. after a week on the beast and you wont be bragging on that lil v9 no more. it was really just wasted time you could have been riding a real beasty bike.
yes, the v2k motor is all that. but we will wait for your own words testament. poncho

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hooners, its only fair that you think highly of the 900, it has served you well. after a week on the beast and you wont be bragging on that lil v9 no more. it was really just wasted time you could have been riding a real beasty bike.
yes, the v2k motor is all that. but we will wait for your own words testament. poncho
Poncho its all your fault, I should never have started reading your posts over on the 2000 forum, I wasn't even looking for another bike, I was happy, life was good, then you corrupt my mind and look at me now. Your enthusiasm for bikes and the 2000 was contagious and I caught the disease. Thanks.

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Corrupting minds and giving others diseases....so that's what Ponch is famous for!? Haha!
I'm jealous. If I ever decide I need a third bike, I want a beast!
I'm with you, the 900 is a great bike!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Poncho its all your fault, I should never have started reading your posts over on the 2000 forum, I wasn't even looking for another bike, I was happy, life was good, then you corrupt my mind and look at me now. Your enthusiasm for bikes and the 2000 was contagious and I caught the disease. Thanks.
hoonbaby, we gott yer druggs here. v2k size. after this, you wont want to ride them lil sissy bikes no mor. :D poncho

·
Registered
56 Posts
I owned a 2000 once. A beast of a bike is right. Almost unlimited power on tap. My wife and I were at a stop sign on a slight incline. Started off like normal no problems. Then I realized I was starting out in 2nd gear. Didn't faze it a bit. A real arm stretcher for sure. Had to ditch the bike because I realized it was too heavy for my old knee bones. I find my 900 is just as much fun and easier on the knees.
Enjoy the beast it really lives up to its name.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I owned a 2000 once. A beast of a bike is right. Almost unlimited power on tap. My wife and I were at a stop sign on a slight incline. Started off like normal no problems. Then I realized I was starting out in 2nd gear. Didn't faze it a bit. A real arm stretcher for sure. Had to ditch the bike because I realized it was too heavy for my old knee bones. I find my 900 is just as much fun and easier on the knees.
Enjoy the beast it really lives up to its name.
Yeah I will be hanging on to the 900 till I know this bike is gunna do it for me.

Looks like I will have to strip her down a bit, screen is going before I even ride it, bags, the only bags I like are the ones under my eyes, so there comin off, rear seat gone, sissy bar goodbye. I should be able to see the bike with that gone and can work out what to remove next.
It just depends how heavy this thing really feels in real life when you sit on it and ride it. I guess I will find out in about 8 days

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hoonbaby, we gott yer druggs here. v2k size. after this, you wont want to ride them lil sissy bikes no mor. :D poncho
Yeah and your the drug pusher, the V2K drug man.. do you hang around schools waiting for little kids to come out, and try to sell em V2k pics to get em hooked real young.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Poncho, I would love to read some of the engine design and building stuff you have on that old computer in the back of some warehouse. If you ever find it again can you post it up sometime.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Yeah and your the drug pusher, the V2K drug man.. do you hang around schools waiting for little kids to come out, and try to sell em V2k pics to get em hooked real young.
First ride is free. After that you pay.. dearly.
no need to. Jus post here these 4m's. plenty malcontents looking for a bigger hit than their puny moto cycles can give em. Kaw shuld give me kik bak for every rube upgrade, but even maKaw toss'd in the towel this beasty bike. too much motor for run of the mill lemmings.?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts