Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the thread on your relocation brackets for the forward controls and would like to have a set. I sent you a PM yesterday. If anybody knows him let him know he has a PM please.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does that mean he's MIA? I think I could make them but for the cost I'd rather have his, they look top notch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If LCH does not want them (he did ask first) I do.

I don't know if Grumpywirth is on this forum, but I did see him online elsewhere, and sent him a message, through that forum. No response.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked in the for sale a few minutes ago, sold already. Someone asked before I did.
Doesn't sound promising for Grumpywirth. Doesnt seem like he would stop making them when you read the thread from back in Dec. Jan. He said at one point in the old thread that he was putting them on ebay but I didn't see them on there either. If he doesn't reply I'm gonna give it a try myself. Sure would be easier to just get his.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah sorry they sold. He was debating on making 3 and 4" extensions last I heard. He said he didn't make another batch of the 2" ones because he didn't have much interest in them. He said it seemed like everyone who wanted them already got them. Might want to send him and email. [email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
grumpy replied to me. (thanks guys for your help finding him) He said he would be out of town until the end of the month and he has enough stuff to put together about 6 more sets which he will do and let me know when they are ready (he's saving one set out for me) I'm sure he will post on here when he has them finished, if he doesnt I'll let you guys know if your interested. Looks like somewhere around the first of the month. LCH

·
Registered
92 Posts
He's out of town, but before he left, he shipped my extenders. (I hate snail mail, so did not get them until sunday)

I need to paint them today, and then get the necessary tools to install them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I gotta say they do make a big difference in the way the bike feels. I like em for sure. The directions are detailed and I thought they were really easy to put on, took me about and hour maybe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's what I'm hoping for.

I need to wait until this Sunday, and set aside time to get them done right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just spent the last 1.5 hours installing the extenders. Just sitting on the bike in the garage, I can tell the difference already.

Now for the test ride into town, and back.

So far, well worth the money.

A must if you feel your legs are too close to you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
can you post a pic?

Can you post pic's of the extensions mounted? Also, about what do they run? Cost wise that is. Thanks:rolleyes:

·
Registered
273 Posts
has anyone heard from grumpywirth latley am interested in his extentions if anyone is in touch with him please pass the message ive tried to get ahold of him on another forum with no luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, I'm 6'5" and with all do respect to grumpywirth, the 2" extensions weren't long enough (in fact I could go out to 6" and still be comfortable) but I managed to custom fab some 4.5" extensions up as well for the stock pegs on my 09 special edition. Complete with a brand new link rod and everything. What do you think (besides the fact that the bike needs a bath)?

I'm thinking about making some up if people are interested. I did this on the '09, but the configuration would be compatible for all 900's from '06 on up. PM me to discuss if you are interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts