Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. Just an alert for you. I ride a Vulcan Drifter 1500. However this alert is to you or your family member or friend who goes in for a hernia operation. I lost my dad this last weekend as a result of a faulty mesh that was used in his hernia operation. There was a recall on these, but not all hospitals have sent them back or been notified. The mesh perforated his intestine after the operation and the toxins entered his body. The rest of the story is we are looking at a law suit.

Im keeping this short and feeling a responsiblity to warn my brother riders who may be going in for this procedure. Please ask questions before undergoing the procedure. You need to beware of the risk.
The mesh fails every time.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Brand name or manufacturer? Not all can be banned, can they? My now 22 YO Grandson was born with a double and they used mesh to fix him when he was 1 YO. No known problems since.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had double hernia surgery going on 3 years ago with mesh. So far no problems but it would be nice to know more details if you have them. Sorry about your dad.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's tragic when mistakes or failures like these happen.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I heard about the recall last week or week before? Crazy times when we have to inventory the hospital's stock before we can allow them to provide care.

For your dad, RIP, and for you, I know how painful that loss is.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
OK, this thread looks pretty important, and there has been no reply by its starter regarding name/brand/model of the mesh that is the subject of the recall? Ouch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts