Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I bought an 08 900 Classic. I found a guy who had the shield from an LT. I bought the sheild. I bought the shield, the L brackets and the bolts thinking I could just install this right onto my bike. However, I have relealized that there is a bracket (11054 in the attached LT Cowling diagram replacing bracket 92171 in the attached classic front fork diagram) that is on the LT that is not on the Classic. Does anyone know if that is the only part that I would be missing? It seams that the bottom of the L bracket bolts to the turn signal.

My next question is: It appears that the LT bracket (11054 in the attached LT Cowling diagram) attaches to the bolt that holds the handle bars onto the bike? If that is the case would now be the time to install the risers that I would like?

If I should be installing the risers now, can I go with 4" risers without replacing any cables? Would cables need to be re-routed behind the triple tree? What is involved with re-routing cables behind the triple tree?

Thank you in advance for any experience or information that you bring to these questions above.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have had the windsheild off and on several times recently on my 06 Classic LT, and it does not have anything bolted to the turn signals. The bottom of brackets 11054A and 11054B in your classic LT diagram bolt to a threaded hole in the forks, and the tops to bracket 11054. Bracket 11054 is attached to the bottom of the triple tree, with the same bolts that connect the handlebar risers. Unless your going to manufacture something you will need all of the brackets in the diagram to attach the windsheild. I don't have any experience at all with the extended risers, maybe someone else can answer that one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks IKINDOIT. Attached is the LT turn signal diagram. Isn't that the turn signal bracket that the cowling diagram above shows having the L bracket attached? Where is the turn signal bracket on your bike in relation to the windshield L bracket mount?

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I buy 11054 in the LT Cowling diagram I should be good to mount the windshield? Do you see that I need any other hardware if I have the L brackets and all of the hardware attached to the shield?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts