Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
It sure will.
Beat me to it. This is precisely why the recall exists. No engine, no ABS, no brake light, no headlight. Lots of important stuff that keeps you upright and keeps other vehicles from slamming into you suddenly disappear; probably on a crowded highway in the middle of the night in front of a herd of Semi's at the bottom of a hill, too, (If you have my luck). This recall is something everyone definitely needs to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks like when my sister's b/f gets his bike out of storage that'll be his first stop. :D
Took his bike in. Fix took about half an hour, but his harness didn't have any damage either. Might have something to do with only riding about a thousand miles a year. :grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone confirm if there's a time limit on this recall? I'm in the process of buying a 2012 (picking up in a few weeks) and I'm unsure if the recall has been done - working on finding out.

Regardless, if it hasn't been done (which wouldn't be surprising as the bike is low mileage) I'll want to get it fixed as I'm a high mileage rider. I'm hoping it wasn't a time-limited thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone confirm if there's a time limit on this recall? I'm in the process of buying a 2012 (picking up in a few weeks) and I'm unsure if the recall has been done - working on finding out.

Regardless, if it hasn't been done (which wouldn't be surprising as the bike is low mileage) I'll want to get it fixed as I'm a high mileage rider. I'm hoping it wasn't a time-limited thing.
Safety recalls have no expiration date. You can call the local dealership, give them the VIN, and ask them if the recall has been done.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I just took my own tank off, checked to make sure the wiring to the ignition was clear of any metal, re-wrapped it all with tape and a protective coil of cable tidy, and put it all back together again. The problem was never a very big one.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts