Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I sit all broken hearted tried to........ Wait wrong story!

As the cold weather rolls in, rain and snow in the forecast for the next few months I contemplate what will I do to my Vulcan while it sits unused in the garage. While I long for the feel of the wind in my face and the freedom of the open road wanting to tuff it out and bundle up on a brisk sunny 35 degree day! I hold back my urges and dream of 75 degree temps and not being on call.

I am waiting on Santa to bring me my shiny new forward controls. My wife to get me new stainless steel braided cables for my birthday. Then I can treat my mistress to some TLC. Powder coat the calipers, add a couple more lights, new head light and turn signals. Then top it all off with a nice shinny intake!

I just wanted to share my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
What brand electric vest and how do you attach to the battery? I ride all year long in MO, and have installed heated grips, but still don't have anything for the body with the exception of a good pair of snowboarder pants and a heavy leather coat....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
What brand electric vest and how do you attach to the battery? I ride all year long in MO, and have installed heated grips, but still don't have anything for the body with the exception of a good pair of snowboarder pants and a heavy leather coat....
Both Gerbing's and Warm n' Safe hook up the same way. Each comes with a wiring kit. Two wires. The positive lead (with the fuse) goes directly to the positive terminal on the battery. The other goes directly on the negative (ground) battery terminal. The lead hooks up to either an on/off switch or a heat controller, which I recommend because you can select the amount of heat you want. The jacket lead connects to the wire coming out of the controller box. You'll have to decide where you want to secure the controller box. I have mine velcro'd to the frame just in front of the left side cover. Piece of cake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I go out and sit on it & make motorcycle noises. I can tell the neighbor kid is envious.
At least you can! I live in NYC and garage parking not worth the money so Stella is an hour away at my sisters. I just bought some toys for her and I am dying to throw them on.:(

·
Registered
295 Posts
I got a Tourmaster vest with collar. It comes complete with everything you need to hook it up and ride. The others make you buy the heat controller.
http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Synergy-20-Electric-Vest-Liner-with-Collar-p-361_59.html
I had Battery Tender leads on my 3 bikes so I bought an adapter wire to hook the vest up without adding another pigtail to the battery. My dealer sold me the vest for $100 and it's the best hundred bucks I've ever spent on riding. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
nice bikes you got there nsx.

i might look into buying a jacket and gloves too but dont ride too far in winter to actually make use of them. but maybe that will change if i do get them.
Thanks, I like a little variety. I don't ride far in the winter either, but at least I don't have to bundle up like the kid in Christmas Story before I go out!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
yes, on that part i do agree on! i hate going riding to college in the cold weather just because of the fact i have to carry around a jacket and most of the time a hoodie. i especially hate it on days which the temps get pretty high in the noon times but drop a lot as soon as the sun drops...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Put mine in the garage the other day...after I buzzed her down and down the street. Thinking about a wndshield for next season. Maybe one for the wife's Shadow too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts