Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the love of God please tell me that somone has found a solution to the biggest downfall for the vulcan 900 custom....that expensive and hard to locate rear 15 inch tire....I bout this bike back in March and let me tell u rain sleet snow it don't matter im riding in it. I've put about 5000 miles on this bike and have totaled 2 rear tires so far. I don't do burnouts or nothing crazy I just ride a lot and generally have somone o r something loaded down on the back lol. But finding a 15 inch tire at decent pric e is very difficult....I want to change the rim size to a 16 or 17 for simple fact of a better and cheaper selection of tires that would be readily available at most shops....so has anyone done a bigger rear rim swap and if so please let me know where it was u bought ur rim because I've searched and can't find anything or anyone offering such a thing

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Since the pandemic, parts availability has been sketchy and we all experience higher prices for everything, including tires. Since you ride a lot, good longevity will be a desired trait. Here is some forum searches for some opinions. As far as where to purchase, guess that depends who has the tire in stock. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Shinko 777, great tire, cheap, look around, they're out there.....should have a cross-over chart somewhere.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts