Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered ad nauseum however, my question is somewhat unique.

I have a 2008 Vulcan 900LT and the stator died.

I've replaced the stator. No problem there. However, when reassembling everything, I seem to have an extra gasket locator pin. I can see two spots on the stator cover where the pins should go and there ARE pins there. I found the extra one on the ground next to the bike AFTER I put the stator cover back on. Took the cover off and sure enough, there are two pins there. I can't see where a third one might go and they all seem to be the same size too. I can't seem to find a good picture of the inside of the cover or the engine block that shows were the pins should be so I'm stumped.

So what have I missed? I wasn't expecting the pins to come out during the repair (none of the websites or vids I watched even hinted that might happen) so I wasn't really paying attention to that. I know... my bad.

Anyone have any thoughts? Or do I just mark it up to the "leftover parts" gremlin and not worry about it?

Thanks in advance.
Tim

·
Registered
350 Posts
...I seem to have an extra gasket locator pin. I can see two spots on the stator cover where the pins should go and there ARE pins there. I found the extra one on the ground next to the bike AFTER I put the stator cover back on. Took the cover off and sure enough, there are two pins there. I can't see where a third one might go and they all seem to be the same size too. I can't seem to find a good picture of the inside of the cover or the engine block that shows were the pins should be so I'm stumped.
2 dowel pins (92043) are in the rotor cover. Any extra pins may have come from your pulley cover if you took that off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts