Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam ridding a 2007 vulcan 900 classic [the red one] and i just picked up a trailer that i would like to paint the same,but cant find paint to match,and was told that kawasaki does not sell touch up paint,can some one help me out with this,or tell me where i can find the paint code,
thanks from ontario canada

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Color Rite

They are a bit pricey, but I hear they are the closest. I went the route of trying to get a pro painter to match it, and my fairing is like 15 shades of blue off...

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
iam ridding a 2007 vulcan 900 classic [the red one] and i just picked up a trailer that i would like to paint the same,but cant find paint to match,and was told that kawasaki does not sell touch up paint,can some one help me out with this,or tell me where i can find the paint code,
My fairing, bags and trailer were all matched off my front fender at a local body shop here in Simcoe using a paint color scanner. Its actually like a camera, scans the fender, plugs it into his computer ans it gives him the mix.

Trailer, two tone with the pin striping ......... $699
Fairing and bags, two tone with pin striping ...$699

The color match is perfect. I see you are in Ontario, just don't know where.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check the website for 'Color Rite'. They have a search engine that identifies year, make and model colors.
A 2007 900 Vulcan Classic is "665C Candy Cardnial Red". The site also included recommended base and clear finish....
I bought a set of hard saddlebags that I'm going to paint to match my 2010 900 Classic. (Imperial Blue). I have the paint, base and clear - but haven't done any painting yet. So I can't know if the finish is an exact match yet.
However, if they zereo in on the year, make and model like that I'm guessing they might have a handle on it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I painted my fairing imperial blue using color rite it turned out great maybe one shade darker but I think that's due to me using a little bit to much base coat if I had to do it over I would only use 1 coat of base and 2 of the imperial I used 2 and 3 and 3 coats of the clear the recommended

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I have a fairing coming and wondered about how to match the colors. I'll check the Color Rite site today.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I have a fairing coming and wondered about how to match the colors. I'll check the Color Rite site today.
I pick up my bags for my new 2010 candy surf blue custom tomorrow. I will give you an update and pics then. No over priced colorite used here ... just the scanner.this place is a registered Fix It paint shop, maybe check your yellow pages.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whiting57,I hear ya. I checked Color Rite,they want $124 for a pint of paint. I also have to buy basecoat at $100 a pint. I'll check local bodyshops,somebody has to have a scanner. Thats way to expensive just for paint.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Whiting57,I hear ya. I checked Color Rite,they want $124 for a pint of paint. I also have to buy basecoat at $100 a pint. I'll check local bodyshops,somebody has to have a scanner. Thats way to expensive just for paint.
Try a registered" fix it" body shop ... they seem to know what the hell to do. I also leave them my front fender for comparison. I. Get my bags today, i will take a pic and post it. Mine is the candy blue so i guess we will see....
cheers maurice

·
Registered
50 Posts
We have a shop nearby that does a lot of repairs. I'm gonna check with him when I get the fairing. Good idea leaving the fender for comparison,I'll do the same.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I did not get to the paint shop today as i got hung up at the border for 10.25 hrs awaiting a customs clearance for the load i was carrying. I will get them tomorrow and post some pics.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Here you go, i have not finished the install and still have to add some trim. The color match was right on. I talked to the painter today and he informed me that they have computer programs that can cross reference color rite codes.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
nice looking bike so far Whiting!
I ordered from RS Motorcycles in the UK. 1/2 pint of everything I needed to paint one trunk. Trunk looks good. Problem.....I paid $115 for the trunk from ebay, $126 for the paint, $100 to have a guy paint it. That was to match the Candy Diamond Red. Now, I've got some hardside saddlebags that need to be painted, but I'm going to wait for a little while and see if I get a fairing, so I could have it all painted over the winter.
I think I'm just going to get a black bike from now on, and order bags, etc. in black...save the money on painting.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
He y there Zig, $450 to paint the bags and my rad stone mesh grill, the bags have now been moved back a few inches so they have tha same curve as the rear fender, i am also taking off the chrome fender strip and attaching the brackets direct to the fender struts as i did not like the way that they were sitting so far out from the fender. My chrome rad cover will go over the mesh protector and give a nice contrast from the blue to chrome. I get the bags wired up , my 200 tire and 1 " lowering kit installed on tues. The replacement lenses and chrome surround should be here and on the bike by monday. I have 2 boxes of chrome goodies and a saddleman seat waiting for me in LA that i will pick up tomorrow.

Its all coming together but i have only put 20 miles on it so far and i would really like to get out and ride the thing. Guess thats what happens when you are only home 2 days per week.

BTW, i sure would like to sneek down to the Texas Kaw Boy Octobeerfest, just dont know if i have the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts