Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Here is my set up.
2012 Vaq V&H 2-1 pro pipe, Thunder mfg teardrop, pcv fuel only.
I bought her just like this. PO told me he had the airkit and pcv installed right at thunder in Phoenix and also told me it has Racnray's mod.
Here is my concern... 31-32 mpg at best(down hill with the wind 110 kph) haha. Calculated at the pump I might add. I can usually smell unburned gas when at a stand still.
Power you ask.... Oh yeah!! Way more than I need!!! ( I upgraded to this from a Vulcan 900)
She is also pretty jerky at low speeds.
I am a little less about performance than most on here from what I gather.

Any ideas??

I do have the oem air box, I could put that back in and change map to exhaust w/stock air. I do like the look of the teardrop but also don't mind the looks of the dogbowls.

Any good maps out there that can improve my mpg but can still benefit from airkit?
Definitely don't mind losing SOME power and performance... There is plenty imho....
Thx all.
Kevin.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Any good maps out there that can improve my mpg but can still benefit from airkit?
Definitely don't mind losing SOME power and performance... There is plenty imho....
Thx all.
Kevin. [
I need your email address to send it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Look into a mod to your throttle to fix the "herky jerky" low speed issue... Racnray or Dshelley can do ready made or manufactured items, or google "quick action throttle mod" and DIY.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'd say only by opening up the throttle housing a little to physically check?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
you should see an extra piece of material around the end of the throttle grip, making that portion of the grip where the cables connect and ride on the tube a larger diameter. If this is RacnRay's work, it'll be an aluminum machined piece

1 - 10 of 10 Posts