Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After spending 30 minutes trying to knock a few different sized rods down my exhaust in attempts to knock out the baffle plugs in my pipes, I have made almost zero progress. The most I've done is bend the plug ever so slightly inward.

Anyone have any advice on knocking these things out that doesnt include buying anything, including a hole saw? Everything I've read about doing the stage one has stated that they can be knocked out fairly easily. Maybe this difficulty is due to having a newer bike with plugs as opposed to screens?

To clarify, I have been using part of an old "The Club" which is a stainless steel rod, and a normal sized hammer.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Something with a point would work best, like rebar ground to a point. That way you're puncturing the plug as opposed to punching it.

I think you're right about the plug being thicker than the old screens. Besides, the screens were perforated, right?

I bit the bullet and bought a hole saw (7/8" if memory serves) and extention. Done in about 15 minutes, counting the time it took to fish out one of the plugs that fell in side the pipe. It took me longer to go to the hardware store than to drill the plugs.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I bought an 18" drill bit extension thingy at Lowes that holds the bit locked in place with an allen screw. You can get right in there with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts