Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm away on vacation and was going to pick up some resonators to slip into my stock debaffled pipes as I find them too loud. But I don't know the measurement. I did know at one time and I'm thinking between 3" and 3 1/4" but it's been a while since I measured. Also if possible the distance from exhaust opening to the inside plate that the original baffle plugged in to.

If someone has debaffeled stock pipes can you do me a favour and get me the inside diameter?

I'm in Florida till July 8th and resonators are cheap. Where I'm from they're not and hard to come by.

Any help would be very appreciated.:smile2:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I put the 800 stock pipes in storage, the previous owner gave them to me and I don't think I will ever use them because the bike has V&H Cruzers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have my stock pipes as well. I picked up another set to test with sounds. If it doesn't work out I'll reinstall the stock.

Too loud and hollow sounding with no baffle. I installed lollipops that I can't tell a difference. So my next step is to jam a resonator up there.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
If you get the resonator and after installing them and you are not happy with them, consider getting V&H Cruzers, the sound is awesome, expensive ya and you might also have to adjust your carb mixture screw out counter-clockwise another full turn if you get the Cruzers because these pipes cause less back-pressure so will need more pilot jet circuit gas for the idle to stop the popping thru the pipes on deceleration and also hesitation on 1st gear throttle up to 2nd gear. Hope your resonator works cause a happy bike is a happy life

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
ya they should let you take them on as carry on because when we flew to north Carolina we took large truck tie-down straps as carry-on and they let us go thru no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts