Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help Request: Throttle Cable Routing / Carb Attachment?

I've finally turned the corner where the last thing that needed to be removed (the starter) has been fixed. Now it's time to start bolting her back together.

Could one of you kindly post a few snapshots of the throttle cable routing? I diligently took pictures when I was disassembling her, but the (&%$^ phone those images were on died.

Maybe I didn't use the right keywords, but I couldn't find anything in this forum or online in general. The Haynes and factory manuals are equally useless as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to get you some in a little while, I've got to go out to the shed, and my tank isn't bolted down yet. Routing is pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks. I'm not in a super hurry with that. Lots of over work to do first.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Focus on the BRC for sure.

What's giving me a hard time is exactly how the cables attach to the carbs. The space is cramped and fiddly.

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
Focus on the BRC for sure.

What's giving me a hard time is exactly how the cables attach to the carbs. The space is cramped and fiddly.

Thanks
Here ya go. I put my cables on the carbs with them out, then put the whole assembly with the cables attached into place.

I'm pretty sure this is how they are supposed to be routed. I had to replace my throttle return cable.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HA! I more or less figured out why it didn't make sense. I didn't have the throttle cable bracket attached to the carbs. The parts diagrams on Partzilla are invaluable.

Looks like through this entire tear-down process, I wound up with a casualty. I lost that single screw that holds the bracket on. I'm sure the hardware store has something.

If you can snap a pic, great, but don't burn any real effort on it.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
509 Posts
HA! I more or less figured out why it didn't make sense. I didn't have the throttle cable bracket attached to the carbs. The parts diagrams on Partzilla are invaluable.

Looks like through this entire tear-down process, I wound up with a casualty. I lost that single screw that holds the bracket on. I'm sure the hardware store has something.

If you can snap a pic, great, but don't burn any real effort on it.

Thanks,

Doug
Can you post a screen shot of what you're wanting the picture of? I'm not sure what you need.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi. Thanks for those pictures. I didn't see them before my last post. I couldn't figure out the actual attachment to the carbs at first - the cable bracket was removed. I put the bracket in a place where I wouldn't lose it...and forgot where that was. It's found now and the carbs go back in tomorrow, cables hooked up. Assuming the rest of my parts arrive, I hope to have her breathing fire this weekend.

Wish me luck!

Thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi. Thanks for those pictures. I didn't see them before my last post. I couldn't figure out the actual attachment to the carbs at first - the cable bracket was removed. I put the bracket in a place where I wouldn't lose it...and forgot where that was. It's found now and the carbs go back in tomorrow, cables hooked up. Assuming the rest of my parts arrive, I hope to have her breathing fire this weekend.

Wish me luck!

Thanks.
my great grandmother used to say she had it all put up, just couldn't remember where "up" was

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the pictures. I have the cables connected and the carbs in!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts